[xdebug-general] Xdebug install problems

From: Popa Gerald <brayn[@]brayn.ro>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:20:27 +0300

Hey,

What I want to do is to install XDEBUG for PHP on my CentOS server. I'm
running PHP Version 5.1.6 with Apache 2.

Compiling it is not really an option so I went for:
Code:

pecl install xdebug

It all went fine until:
Code:

Build process completed successfully
Installing '/usr/lib/php/modules/xdebug.so'

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 119 bytes) in /usr/lib/php/pear/PEAR/PEAR/Registry.php on
line 1061

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 40 bytes) in /usr/lib/php/pear/PEAR/PEAR.php on line 776

Which is weird because as far as I am aware of the Allowed memory size is
controlled by PHP. So I went and modified php.ini and increased the
allowed_memory but still it gave me the same error.

Thing is the file xdebug.so is where is supposed to be so I've tried to put
it in php.ini as the documentation says.
Code:

zend_extension_ts="/usr/lib/php/modules/xdebug.so"

After that I've restarted HTTPD then looked at phpinfo() and there was no
sign of xdebug...

Any ideas on that?
Thaks!